(1) I know my friends from the feel of their faces.
(2) Ice is a solid. If we heat it, it melts and becomes water.
(3) John got up very early in the morning. He put on his jacket, sat down at his desk and began to do his homework.
(4) But at the present moment the whole road looked rather pretty, for the sun had just set in splendor, and the equalities of rent were drowned in a saffron afterglow.
(5) He had a shelf there, where he kept his Bohemian papers and his pipes and tobacco, and his shears and needles and thread and tailor's thimble.
(6) Most of the people who appear most often and most gloriously in the history books are great conquerors and generals and soldiers…
(7) The city has a dense manufacturing population.这个城市有
(8)The products should be sampled to check their quality before they leave the factory.
(9) The mother and the eldest daughter weeded the ridges, passing before the others…A younger son, of twelve years, brought sea sand in a donkey's creels from a far corner of the field. They mixed the sand with the black clay. The fourth child, still almost an infant, staggered about near his mother, plucking weeds slowly and offering them to his mother as gifts.
(10) Come if you like.高兴来就来
(11) As it is late, let us go to bed.不早啦，睡
(12) I framed the words in my mind: 'Pardon me, but have I done something to offend you?'
(13). You hear it from the trackers, a more breathless chant, as they pull desperately against the current, half a dozen of them perhaps if they are, taking up a wupan, a couple of hundred if they are hauling a splendid junk, its square sail set, over a rapid.
(14). If you are a twinkler, you have the ability to walk into a room and bring the sunshine with you, making everyone else want to bask in it.
(1) I felt a trifle shy at the thought of presenting myself to a total stranger with the announcement that I was going to sleep under his roof, eat his food and drink his whisky, till another boat came in to take me to the port for which I was bound.
'sleep under his roof, eat his food and drink his whisky'直译为'睡在他的屋
(2) Her dark eyes made little reflected stars. She was looking at him as she was always looking at him when he awakened.
个 'she was looking at him'，如不作省
(3) University applicants who had worked at a job would receive preference over those who had not.
(4)There was no snow, the leaves were gone from the trees, the grass was dead.
(5) There was not a sound in her---and around us nothing moved, nothing lived, not a canoe on the water, not a bird in the air, not a cloud in the sky.
(6) The problem of alternative fuels of vehicle is one problem we shall approach.
(7) There are some things that I have happily seen of the wondrous way of the spider.
(译文省去 'there are some things that'后，文字简
(8) In actual fact, the United States is pursuing a policy of encouraging the aggressor…
(9) He was smooth and agreeable. 他待人处事
(10) Standing as it does on a high hill, the church commands a new view.
(11) To learn is not an easy matter and to apply what one has learned is even harder. 学习不容易